Name Name : Vardenafil, Levitra
Chemical formula : 2-[2-öthoxy-5-(4-ethylpiperazin-1-yl) sulfonylphenyl]-5-methyl-7-propyl-1H-imidazo[5, 1 – f][1,2, 4]triazin-4-one
Administration : oral
1. What is Vardenafil? :
Vardenafil is a phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5). It is used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men.
These erectile dysfunctions include impotence issues, as well as the inability to maintain a prolonged erection.
2. Vardenafil trade names:
Vardenafil is known under the trade name of Levitra. It has been marketed since 2005 by the pharmaceutical company Bayer Shering Pharma. To date, no generic has yet to be offered on the market.
3. Who is Vardenafil for?
Vardenafil is intended for adult mensuffering from erectile dysfunction.
Unlike other erectile dysfunction treatments, Vardenafil is very well tolerated in people with high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol.
However, it should not be used by children and adolescents.
4. The Effectiveness of Vardenafil proven by scientific studies:
Numerous studies have been conducted on subjects suffering from erectile dysfunction.
One of these studies revealed that 77% of the subjects had a satisfactory erection with Vardenafil compared to 44% of the subjects who received a placebo.
5. How Vardenafil works:
Vardenafil does not represent an aphrodisiac. It does not increase sexual desire.
It will help to develop and maintain firm erections, by facilitating the arrival of blood flow in the penis.
The mechanism of penile erection responds to a hemodynamic process. Sexual stimulation will release nitric oxide. This nitric oxide will then activate the enzyme guanylate cyclase. This enzyme will in turn increase the levels of cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) in the corpora cavernosa. The smooth muscles relax, thus facilitating the arrival of blood flow to the penis.
The level of cGMP will be regulated by guanylate cyclase and phosphodiesterase (PDE).
Being a PDE5 inhibitorVardenafil will maximize the effect of nitric oxide by suppressing the PDE5 in the cavernous tissues. However, in order to release nitric oxide, sexual stimulation is required.
The action of Vardenafil is therefore linked to a prior sexual stimulation.
6. Benefits of Vardenafil:
Taking Vardenafil has many benefits:
- Efficiency scientifically recognized for the treatment of erectile dysfunction
- Allows to obtain a firm erection
- Increase in erection duration
- Speed of action: Vardenafil works within 15 to 30 minutes after intake, allowing spontaneous sexual intercourse
- Allows you toaccess to pleasure
- Improves sexuality and intimate intimate complicity
7. Side effects and precautions with Vardenafil:
With a prolonged action, Vardenafil may cause some adverse effects on the body.
Among these effects, the subject can develop an erection of more than 36 hours at the time of overdose in particular. In this case, it is essential to call in the health professionals in order to avoid possible damage to the tissues.
Other effects were reported in rare cases: nausea, migraines, dizziness, vision problems, drop in blood pressure, muscle pain. However, these effects remain light, not causing no major consequences on the on the balance of the organism.
8. Possible drug interactions with Vardenafil:
Vardenafil is not recommended if you are taking any of the following treatments:
- Riociguata drug prescribed to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension. Vardenafil would increase the hypotensive effects of Riociguat.
- Medications composed of nitro derivatives such as Poppers, the isosorbide mononitrate mononitrate, isosorbide isosorbide dinitrate nitroglycerin nitroglycerin. The combination with Vardenafil would cause a significant drop in blood pressure, which could have serious consequences on the body.
- Ritonavir or Indinavir when treating HIV infection.
- Itraconazole or Ketoconazole when treating fungal infections
Taking grapefruit juice should also be avoided.
9. Initiate Vardenafil treatment:
Vardenafil comes in 5 mg, 10 mg and 20 mg tablets, which are taken orally.
The tablets are round and orange in color with Bayer printed on one side. The other side indicates the concentration of Vardenafil.
Recommended dosage :
It is suggested to take 10 mg, 25 to 60 minutes before sexual intercourse.
However, if the user has health problems, then a dosage of 5 mg is more appropriate.
For those whose Vardenafil has produced no or little effect, then a 20 mg dose may be considered.
The dosage will therefore be adapted according to the tolerance and effectiveness of Vardenafil.
However, for people with severe kidney problems, liver problems, or those taking treatments such as erythromycin or clarithromycin, involving
inhibitors, the dose of Vardenafil should not exceed 5 mg per day.
Duration of treatment:
As needed, not to exceed 1 tablet per day.
Expected results with Vardenafil:
Vardenafil will start to work 15 to 30 minutes after taking it. He will remain active in the body for 6 to 10 hours. During this time, erections are easier, firmer and longer lasting. Several erections can take place.
10. Is Vardenafil suitable for women?
Vardenafil is not indicated for female sexual problems.
11. How to buy Vardenafil?
Vardenafil is available in any physical pharmacy, with a prescription from the treating physician.
However, for the sake of discretion, Vardenafil can also be purchased online from approved pharmacies or recognized e-commerce sites.